Search because it has a song...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Natalie Portman's new baby pics!!!

Since I saw Black Swan for the second time in February I have been thinking about little Natalie Portman having her baby! It seems like just yesterday she was blowing us away in The Professional... and then she did Black Swan and was just Fu)(*&^ing amazing & deserved that oscar for sure... Okay well I haven't been thinking about it constantly, but it crosses my mind when her name or one of her movies comes up, or WHEN I SEE SOMETHING THIS CUTE!
This is cute enough to be Natalie's baby, but this is a mallard.

This guy is eating some seeds from the surface of the water.
Feeding the Red-wing Blackbirds is almost an addiction. It feels so sweet when they trust you enough to land in your hand and eat, these little wild creatures. They are brave, they fend off crows and herons. The other day there was a Great Blue Heron flying, and a Red-winged Blackbird was ON his back - no I didn't get a picture of it with the camera, but I will never forget the image in my mind. The heron was flying, the blackbird, not flying, riding - for like 10 seconds before it flew off.
We fed the birds and threw sticks for Sparrow and kept trying to stop Hawksley from stuffing his gob with pond mud. I should clarify that I am not a total birder... this is all new - our Pug is named Hawksley after the singer, Hawksley Workman who is awesome enough to have a pug named after him- and Sparrow Sparrow because he was thrown in a garbage dump that was subsequently set on fire, and he was a pretty sad little dude when he came into my life. So I named him after the liveliest, funnest, and most beloved warrior/pirate I could think of...  is actually Captain Jack Sparrow. It turned out to be perfect, because Sparrow means rebirth, and Sparrow is the reincarnation of my beloved dog who died of cancer, Miss Alice Otis. Some may scoff, but I set up tests, he passed.
I have always loved birds though not studied them to their fullest potential or mine. I do see them as symbols and signs and sacred little animals. My dad is a generous man and has bought me cameras after camera, upgrading mine as he does his own. This new digital thing is the greatest, you can click away, come home take off the crud and end up with a few great captures. I am making an effort to always use manual settings. I had a Kodak that took great shots on Automatic, but the better the camera, the better they expect the photographer to be. I am not a pro, I just like taking pictures, and getting good shots...
   So I got the captions option back on my BLOGGER builder page, hopefully the upload of videos can start soon, because I like it better when I post right onto here, not onto youtube... my computer guy Cory is coming to take away my precious and fix her from going to sleep in the middle of things. Somehow my computer became narcoleptic and just goes to sleep in the middle of photo or video oriented tasks. I am pretty sure that I am on the verge of a disastrous crash, so I took a note from Carrie Bradshaw and backed up my hard drive. 
I love how their little bodies look all suspended in flight...
     Enough ramblings, more photos. Oh, and tomorrow a Special Northern Flicker update... there have been hatchings, i think...
She was teaching them to tweet & paddle, quacking is next week.

The proud mama of 12 babies, or maybe daycare - not sure.

A blackbird in hand is worth how many in the bush?
Eli & Hawksley in a field of wild lupens...
  
Oh, and for those that care the Canucks beat the Bruins 1-0... The city acted like we were all one big happy family for a few hours, when we were coming in the back door some drunk asked us if we should all flash each other our boobs. Although a romantic offer, it didn't sound like a fair deal, so we passed...
Hawksley didn't chase the babies, but he took after a goose.
Bad idea of course, he scooted away with his cinnamon bun tail tucked under his belly...
And this bunny saw Sparrow speed by so fast he wasn't sure if he should hide.

1 comment: